View Single Post

Old 11-17-2020, 02:58 PM
kilroyscarnival kilroyscarnival is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010
Expert

kilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nicekilroyscarnival is just really nice
Default Phantom blank page printing between sections

On occasion, I am working on other people's documents and there's a blank page that shows up between sections. Usually I can just look at the formatting and figure it out. But I've got one that doesn't show a blank page in print preview, doesn't show it in the Navigation Pane page view, but prints, or converts to PDF as a completely blank page. And in looking at Word's own page numbering on the bottom Status Bar, it goes from page 11 to page 13.

It's between two sections, and the Section Break-Next Page appears to be properly used. I don't see any funky characters on either page. The margins and other basic details are the same on the adjoining pages. I've tried "show hidden text", nothing new shows up.

Of course, I can manually delete that blank page from the Acrobat document, but I sure wish I could explain where that is coming from.

I'm using Word 365, though the document was originally created in an older version of Word. But that's pretty typical for our stuff and normally there are no issues like this. Any ideas on how to fix?

-- Ann