View Single Post

Old 10-31-2020, 05:50 AM
DBenz DBenz is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Advanced Beginner

DBenz is on a distinguished road

Hi Purfleet,

slightly late in getting back to you but ebay kicked in and wiped out my time.

This is MOST KIND of you, forums at their best.
I have looked at the three sheets, I see the sense of having the data not going off screen, different to my 1 roll per row which was the way my brain expects to see a roll shown, and I like sheet 'alternative', I also like Pivot table of that sheet. I have never ever read up on Pivot tables and like to know whats 'under the bonnet' and be able to service it, so feel uneasy about something that is probably very good and best but that I know nothing about should I need to alter or repair it.
I havent time just now to understand pivot tables as I have deadlines to meet.
If I fill in the first sheet can I later on turn it into 'alternative' sheet or is that not wise ?

Saying that my base level thoughts/brain still likes the idea of one row per film, and after 10 mins thought on this still runs to that corner of the room !
Maybe there is a way of retracting and expanding rows so I can show 1 row per film end expand it to show the subject column and its entries for one row, that then suits both camps.
I would need to know how that is done from you if so.

I just need to see at a glance 1 row per film for a quick mental overview.

So unless that is possible, I am going to have to give in to my brain for the moment to go with the sheet with the + that hides or shows the date entry column.

Now as I need more of those + things and to apply this sample sheet method to the workbook sheet with loads of rows already filled in, how did you do that ?

Regards

DBenz