View Single Post

Old 10-25-2020, 10:56 AM
Pastor Pastor is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

Pastor is on a distinguished road

John,

Thanks for reaching out to me on this issue.

I am trying to build a routine that will contain all of the desired property values so that if and when the code fails I have a way to easily rebuild the form and all of its controls, and properties quickly. In addition, when I want to redesign the forms or tweek them I can more easily delete the old form, change the rebuild code and then run the rebuild code to help insure that the form is rebuilt soundly and has somehow not been compromised or inadvertently corrupted.

( I am not a professional programmer and have found this to be my best strategy for enhancing Excel projects and now, hopefully, Powerpoint presentations, for use in the operation of my two churches.)

In Exel I have accomplished this rebuild strategy and it has worked reliably for years, but when I began to export and import the code modules to Powerpoint and taylor them to the ppt code modules I began to run into "incompatibility?" problems.

I have posed this problem in the context of a new ppt file and with no other code to try and isolate the problem and to make sure that there is no other code that could somehow interfere with this code.

Do I need to be in some other "mode" or "environment" like some sort of "design" environment for this to work properly?