View Single Post

Old 10-19-2020, 09:30 AM
Moondoggy Moondoggy is offline Windows 10 Office 2010 64bit
Novice

Moondoggy is on a distinguished road
Default How do I know if my copy of Office 2016 is being updated?

Earlier this year I upgraded from Office Pro 2010 to 2016 because 2010 was at end of life this year. When I had Office 2010 installed, on Patch Tuesday, I would see updates for Office, Word, etc. listed in the updates to be downloaded and applied but with 2016 applied I'm not seeing anything related to office being downloaded. I looked inside Word and it say that "Updates to this Office product are enabled by default and are downloaded through your Internet connection and installed automatically" and I confirmed that this setting is turned on. But my question is how do you know if this is happening?

The thing that concerns me is that after I purchased and installed this copy of 2016 Office Pro I found out that this copy is a "PLUS" version that is supposed to be sold to corporate users and is not supposed to be sold directly to consumers over the counter so I'm worried that a PLUS version may require a manual update.

For example I know that on there were updates to Office 2016 in October but I have yet to figure out if they are or are not installed? Can anyone explain how I can find out?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.