View Single Post

Old 10-16-2020, 06:37 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2019

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless in Seattle View Post
That's when I belatedly decided to Google "Can I install two versions of Word on the same computer" and found a page where it said:

Uh oh! My PC already has Office 2010 installed, so what's going to happen when I restart my PC? Is it going to make a can of worms out of the two versions of Office?

I'm going to leave the PC turned on, but not restart it until I find out if there's a way to safely proceed, or else to safely back out of this predicament.

You can run a repair on the versions, sequentially, oldest, first. No lasting harm done. However, straighten out the separate files first and do the registry hack. Then do the repair, doing the one for your default go-to version last.
Repair an Office application - Office Support

For your older versions, you will need your installation media and possibly your product key for the repair.