View Single Post

Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 AM
fgiorgio79 fgiorgio79 is offline Windows Vista Office 2007
Novice

fgiorgio79 is on a distinguished road

Hi Spidertech,

Thanks again for your help. The "public calendar" was configured as a user in exchange 2003, however, we have since migrated to exchange 2010 including that user mailbox. All users in question who are needing to edit private items on this calendar are using outlook 2007.

So basically the calendar is part of a user mailbox called "Boardroom X". To control the permissions. I log on to the user associated with that mailbox -(boardroom1 for example) load outlook onto that profile and control delegates and further permissions from there... as you would on any other user with a shared calendar.

So strictly speaking its a user shared calendar not a public calendar...This is the way it was setup before my time here. If I understood correctly, wasn't that what you created during your testing as well?

Would you recommend to move the user calendar to a public calendar in public folders? I have actually setup a room mailbox in Exchage 2010 and had the same results with private items... For some reason, only mailbox owners seem to be able to move private items around in our environment...

I had a look at GPO's to see if there was anything setup previously that mentions calendar permissions, but doesn't look like there is anything...

Any suggestions?

Thanks again,

F.Giorgio