View Single Post

Old 10-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Clueless in Seattle Clueless in Seattle is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

Clueless in Seattle is on a distinguished road
Question Open Multiple Documents in Single Word 2010 Window?

A couple of decades ago I set up a macro in Word 97 that would automatically open a number of files within a single Word 97 window. These files contained various task management lists, like a things-to-do list, a daily agenda, etc. like this:

My Word 97 Personal Task Manager Screenshot by Will Anderson, on Flickr

Over the years I've kept using that same Word 97 setup on that same old hand-me-down PC running Windows XP because it worked just fine for me.

But recently I picked up a refurbished PC through a program for low-income seniors, and it has Office 2010 already installed on it. I've been trying to set up the same setup in Word 2010, but the menu system in Word 2010 is so radically different from the one in Word 97, that I can't figure out how to get multiple documents to open up side-by-side in a single Word window.

I'd be grateful to someone who could be patient with an old dog trying to learn new tricks and coach me on how this trick is done in Word 2010.

(I know. Support for Word 2010 will be ending in a few days. But I have to work with I have available to me).