View Single Post

Old 10-06-2020, 10:31 AM
BarnabyS BarnabyS is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

BarnabyS is on a distinguished road
Default Rich text Content Control Duplicate or Alternative

Hi All,

I may be a bit stupid and missing the point but please help stop a guy chewing the desk in frustration.

Lots of journeys setting up my report templates, documented on this site. I now have things set up in word 2016 with half a dozen .dotx files which suit my needs but.....

I would like the conclusion/ executive summary which is a half dozen paragraphs to repeat in a second place in the document without having to cut and paste.

Am I missing something simple?

I have tried:

Insert quick part, copy and paste- No problem but cannot enter more than one paragraph without selecting allow carriage returns. If I do this it justifies the text 'justified' and spreads lines across whole page, even if paragraph only one word.

Insert text content control box, cut and paste, results variable but not consistent.

Insert text content control box cut and paste special 'link' This works but gives rise to warnings every time the document is opened about copying from a different document and does not work when saved in a template.

Many other tings tried in desperation but I think that is the main ones.

Your forbearance and help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Barney.

PS, one other issue to follow but will get to the bottom of this one first (I hope)