View Single Post

Old 10-06-2020, 09:12 AM
QQQ QQQ is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

QQQ is on a distinguished road
Default Spell check keeps highlighting words that are correct

In recent months (not sure how many), I've been irritated by Word's flagging mispelled words and phrases that are actually correct. It seems to happen when something is initially incorrect and I make a change the sentence in some way that corrects it, but the red underline remains anyway, like a kind of zombie notation.

Only when I right-click on these zombie red-lines do they vanish. This is irritating because they clutter up my text with red underlines hanging on for no reason and I have to go through this pointless little ritual several times an hour in order to clean up the display.

I attach a couple of samples. When I right-clicked on both these red-underlines, they promptly disappeared. (Note that these are not grammar marks, which might come up on some function like a passive construction, but spelling marks, and there's obviously nothing wrong with the spelling. Anyway, they go away with a right-click before any change is made, so even Word knows they aren't wrong.)

I think this is a bug that has crept into Word's Spell Check function and I really hope the Office gurus can provide an update that fixes it. But it would be great if anyone knows how I can make it stop on my side.

I'm using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019 (Version 1808) on automatic updates through my university, installed on a new Dell Latitude 9510.

Word spellcheck error 1.png

Word spellcheck error 2.png