View Single Post

Old 09-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Actually, Ulodesk is correct and I got my left/right sides mixed up in that post. I don't use the newer plus symbol on the left - I actually select the end of row by either clicking on the RIGHT or using the arrow keys and then pressing Enter.

Of course, both methods work but I tend to stick with the same work practices that worked before the "+ in a circle" was introduced to Word since there is no speed advantage on the new method.

It is rare that the old methods cease working but I must say I still try to select table columns by Alt-Clicking like we could 20 years ago.

Thanks for trying to cover for my mistake Charles - the multiple rows selected tip was something I didn't know and it makes a good argument for using that method when multiple rows are required.