View Single Post

Old 09-18-2020, 11:39 PM
lhmwnr lhmwnr is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

lhmwnr is on a distinguished road
Default VBA code to copy data from Excel by rows to multiple text files

Hi,

I would like to the have the VBA codes to copy data from MS Excel, paste into Notepad and save as text file format (.txt).
Please refer to steps below. I have an MS Excel file with 2 worksheets: Fruits and Vegetables.

1. In worksheet: Fruits, Col A to F are the metadata information and Col G to L are data from Jan 2000 to Jun 2000. Row 1 refers to the headers and row 2 to 4 refers to the data. Some cells may be empty. Please refer to sample data format in the attachment.

2. Can I have the VBA codes to copy data from each row (row 2 onwards) of the worksheet and paste into Notepad and save as 1 txt file per row. The filename will follow col B value. There will be 3 files.

The format of text file for row 2 is:
[Row1] Fixed text
[Row2] Fixed text|insert formula to count number of data point from col G onwards|col B value
[Row3] |col A value: col C value|col B value: col D value|col E value
[Row4] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col G value
[Row5] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col H value
[Row6] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col I value
[Row7] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col J value
[Row8] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col K value
[Row9] cell G1 value displayed in YYYY MMM|col L value

There will be 3 text files generated from Sheet: Fruits. Please refer to samples in the attachments.

3. The process will repeat for the 2nd worksheet: Vegetables (annual data) till end of the file.

4. In the actual excel file, there will be multiple worksheets (monthly or annual data), X number of data columns from col G onwards and Y number of rows from row 2 onwards. The number of columns and rows will vary in different worksheets.

Appreciate your assistance to advise on the VBA codes.
Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xls VBA codes to copy data from Excel to multiple text files.xls (28.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: txt Fruits01.01.txt (177 Bytes, 9 views)
File Type: txt Vegetables65.103.txt (189 Bytes, 5 views)