View Single Post

Old 09-13-2020, 10:28 PM
ArviLaanemets ArviLaanemets is offline Windows 8 Office 2016
Expert

ArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud ofArviLaanemets has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcia View Post
Arvi, I had been trying to figure out this formula. I listed in column E all the months in a year then changed "TODAY" to E1, E2..... January is 1, February is 2. I can not understand why the formula (=month(E1)=3.....)still returns the value of F1 when January is less than 3. Could you explain its syntax please.
Here you go!

The expression INT((MONTH(TODAY())-1)/3) returns 0 for months 1 - 3, 1 for months 4 - 6, 2 for months 7 - 8 and 3 for months 9 - 12;
Multiplying the result of precious expression returns 0, 3, 6 and 9 respectively (end month of previous quarter in case you count december of previous year as 0);
Adding the number of month in quarter you want the result returned for (n) to result of previous expression returns the number of this month in year;
All what remains, is to use IF() to compare month numbers, and return the wanted value when there is a match.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx ValueForNthMonthOfQuarter.xlsx (8.4 KB, 4 views)