Thread: [Solved] Suppress blank lines
View Single Post

Old 09-12-2020, 03:36 PM
Khalil Khalil is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

Khalil is on a distinguished road
Default Suppress blank lines

Hi,
I have a mail merge directory where let's say a specific field is sometimes blank and sometimes not blank. I am also using the "If ... then" condition. After completing the merge, if the field is empty or blank the merge will display a blank line. I've been trying for days to find a solution to hide the blank line but failed. I've found a lot of solutions on the web such as using the switch \b and \f, which I found useless may be because I don't understand the way they work. However, I can hide the blank line using any suggested technique but my big problem is when the field is not empty the following field will appear on the same line with the previous one, and this is not what I want. I wish to hide the blank line when the field is not empty without affecting the appearance of the merge when the field is not empty. In other words, I want each field on a separate line. I understand the blank line is suppressed by default but not when using "IF". This is very disappointing and would appreciate a clear well explained solution.
Thank you