View Single Post

Old 09-07-2020, 06:30 AM
Firefox1701 Firefox1701 is offline Windows 7 Office 2007
Advanced Beginner

Firefox1701 is on a distinguished road

The 'resetting hyperlinks to original colour' link is informative, but doesn't solve this particular problem. In the document in question, I already have some hyperlinks that behave as I want them to; i.e. in their unfollowed state they're simply formatted by whatever combination of font size, face, colour etc. are selected, then once followed, the link is simply italicised whilst all the other formatting remains the same. When I close and re-open the document, all the links are returned to their unfollowed state (it being the case, as per the 'resetting hyperlinks to original colour' article, that the Update Automatic Links At Open checkbox is selected). That's all good; my problem is that I have another set of links in the same document which I need to format differently from the first lot, both when unfollowed and when followed (specifically, when followed, these links have to be italicised and in red, rather than just italicised, again without changing the underlying (i.e. unfollowed) formatting).

Given the fact that the Update Automatic Links At Open checkbox is selected, the problem of getting the second set of links to return to their unfollowed state upon closing and reopening the document is one that I presume will solve itself once I've figured out how to set two different lots of hyperlinks within the same document to behave in two different ways - if in fact that's possible, which I'm beginning to wonder.

I hope that makes the situation clearer ...?