View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 04:31 AM
zatlas1 zatlas1 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

zatlas1 is on a distinguished road

I was not aware about the etiquette but I apologize and promise that from now on I will adhere to that policy. I will concentrate in this forum only from now on as this appears to be the most appropriate. It was the first time I was trying to get help!

As for the issue itself: I said clearly that, yes indeed I visited the appropriate KB's and followed all the advices there. This effort was useless as no advice in those KB's did anything. And the advice about using some network policies is a) not applicable and b) incomprehensible to people who are NOT administrators.

Obviously, there is some corruption in my system, maybe in the registry. Is there a way to actually reset everything to the standard home (NO NETWORK POLICY) setting, so that I could save files as usual. I do not wish to reformat my hard drive and re-install Windows just because one entry in the registry got corrupted.

One important note, my problem is SAVING the files, not OPENING them. So besides the fact that there are file formats that inherently may not be saved, I explained that I am not even able to save native Word 2010 docx. That means that there is indeed a corruption, not mere need to fidle with the settings.

Thanks
ZA