View Single Post

Old 08-24-2020, 02:52 PM
Ricko_uk Ricko_uk is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

Ricko_uk is on a distinguished road
Default Merging all data between two sheets into a third one without duplicates or rows or columns

Hi,
this must be an extremely common problem that people solved daily but could not find any solutions.

I have two sets of classic product inventory data, one in a table on Sheet 1 and one in a table on Sheet 2. They come from two different computer systems and need to merge them into a single table on Sheet 3 so that ALL data (both columns and items) are present in Sheet 3 BUT only once (i.e. no duplicates of either columns or entries/items).

- some columns are present in both Sheet 1 and 2, some only on Sheet 1 and some only on Sheet 2
- same for the rows, some (most) items (which have their unique referencing IDs) are present in both Sheet 1 and 2, some only on Sheet 1 and some only on Sheet 2

The only values that can be reliably used to correlated sheet 1 and 2 which to create sheet 3 are:
- Unique IDs for products what appear in both tables
- Columns names/titles are always fixed for those columns that appear in both tables

How do can I do it?

Thank you 😊

P.S. I posted something similar here but was not what I was solving the problem completely: Creating third sheet with data from first and second sheets by matching a unique ID