View Single Post

Old 08-17-2020, 03:33 PM
Taylormations Taylormations is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Taylormations is on a distinguished road

Hello again,
I have attached the creenshots of the Word Doc in DEV mode so you can see what i am working from. or tyring to achieve better.

**Desired action***
When the DOCM File is filled out, it saves itself as a DOCM file It also creates a PDF in host directory with a namechange adding to the origional filename the DATE&TIME stamp from the system at time of execution and the same file is then opened in outlook as a attachment using the signature on the system it completes the prefefined changes subject recipients and body text according to the document being executed.
There are 3 primary shifts per day adding a date and time stamp to these will allow recipients to know that at that time it was from the shift than has just been completed. Keeping a copy of the converted PDF with time and date stamps locally and sending the same file via email. But using the DOCM file as a template that keeps saved data each report sendt would be good to enable Autosave into one drive on this document however i know that isint possible so a failsafe will be the standard are you sure you want to exit withoit saving should be enough. I have tried to work 2 marcos together to achieve the desired results without any joy

So, my reasoning for somehow having the code auto save and change the name on save is to auto date and time of current save. the document/form template i have created is content control heavy, it has a date and timetable that are date picker & shift time dropdown ranges.

The biggest issue is I am and dealing with security officers that are illiterate on PC let alone how-to database or index files properly and having them have to manually enter something often does not even happen. we have had report emails sent without files. we have had wrong files sent to wrong email groups and all kinds of combination of lack in continuation in care and uniform works produced.

From the Command button either the document can read the date and time cells and add them to the file name, or get the date/time from the system and apply it in Simple format 000000_0000 to the tail of the file name and use this to save the file in the directory keeping 1 Word saved file updated with every report sent, Save a PDF version of the same report generated into the primary directory and to action a email with the pre-defined email template. I am hoping user selectable form controls make the job quicker and simple whilst governing the formats, fonts and formulas guys enter data into the reports because after a few weeks our documents were getting to 12 pages long all kinds of font types, colors, highlights and more. Keeping it that simple that when they hit the button it does everything for them and uses the systems default email signature applied.

Meaning they click to open a shortcut to template edit and hit send change date/time in subject add their name and hopefully that is not too hard everything else is done.

I hope this better explains the need.
The guys struggle with saving as PDF and making name changes everyone has a different way to format things in thier head i am trying to eliminate the lack of governance in making that happen.

ITS BEEN ABOUT 10 Years since i did any of this Macro, VBA stuff.
Kind Regards Tyrone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG 1.jpg (172.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG 2.jpg (154.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG 3.jpg (135.3 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by Taylormations; 08-17-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Additional information. And share my attempts to remedy my problem