View Single Post

Old 08-10-2020, 03:11 AM
Andersn2 Andersn2 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office XP
Advanced Beginner

Andersn2 is on a distinguished road

Thank you again for replying.

The table was created automatically by Word. I did not set the cell sizes. I just told Word I wanted the text in 4 columns and Word set the cell sizes.

The Excel column is not very wide. Wrap is on in both Excel and Word but Word is just not wrapping the contents when the lines are longer than the cell width. That is the problem and I do not know how to force Word to wrap the cell contents. Seems to be a problem with "wrapping" if columns is used.

The reason I need to do this is because 80,000 rows of text content is a lot of data which would run into thousands of pages in Word. Many of the Excel rows are relatively short but a few are very long and need to be wrapped. So, by dividing the excel text into 4 columns in Word brings the Word document down to much fewer pages (about 400 instead of thousands) which is the final objective. I need to cram this large mount of data into as few pages as possible in Word. But Word is just not wrapping the text within the cells. Seems to be a bug.

Can you think of another way to do this? Put the content from Excel into 4 columns that wrap in a word document?