View Single Post

Old 08-06-2020, 06:45 PM
Mr J Mr J is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Mr J is on a distinguished road

Technically all the examples are hits because the documents I'm reviewing have references to equipment but every piece of equipment has a different abbreviation based on type (e.g. Valve=V, Motor=MTR....) and different numbers based on location and how many there are in the field (e.g. Area 82, Valve#123 = 82V123 OR Motor#12=MTR12). I know it's kind of vague but some could be 4 characters (with 2 letters and 2 numbers) and others can be 10 characters (with any combination of numbers and letters). Again I know it's not a simple request so I will take anything I can get.

Honestly even if I got the macro to highlight everything, I would still go through the document to confirm that what it identified should be highlighted. That is why the extra part in my request would help me a little more, because if I had a separate list I could review what was highlighted and not have to scroll through the pages. Then I could verify based on that list and if that list is in a different location and I have confirmed everything, I can just delete the list and save the original file with the highlighted equipment numbers.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or if I need to clarify something.

Also I haven't looked at the other forum you mentioned yet but I will definitely check it out and see if I can tweak it to fit my needs. Thank you!