View Single Post

Old 08-06-2020, 04:20 PM
Mr J Mr J is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

Mr J is on a distinguished road
Default Help creating a macro to identify values that have letters and numbers.

I have been trying to create a macro that is WAY more complex than anything I have ever made so I’m reaching out for some help. I am trying to see if it is possible to automate the task of scanning through a multi-page word document and highlighting or identifying any instance where a phonetic and numeric value is combined. (e.g. ”ABC12345” or “123ABC456”)

So that is all I was trying to do, but since I am already asking for help maybe someone with more knowledge then myself can help me a little more. If what I asked for above is possible it would help me even more if it could also create a list (maybe on a different file or page) of all the items it found (e.g. A1234, B1234, C1234, D1234……. OR listed as a column). I do not want it to delete them just provide a list of what it found.

I know I’m asking for a lot and I honestly don’t even know if Word is possible of doing this, but it doesn’t hurt to ask. Anyway thanks for even taking the time to read this, any help or direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks!