View Single Post

Old 08-04-2020, 08:36 PM
Twelvefrets Twelvefrets is offline Mac OS X Office 2016 for Mac
Novice

Twelvefrets is on a distinguished road

Mr. KENYON: The source document--the one with the hyperlinks--is in its own folder named "Sources Consulted." Presently it is the ONLY file in that folder (there used to be more). The hundreds of files the hyperlinks are linked TO are located in about a dozen folders, each arranged by subject: "roads" "rivers" "wells" etc. ALL of these folders are placed within one "Parent folder." So about a dozen inter-related folders, all located within one main folder. The plan was/is to migrate the entire group--all of it--so the links would remain "linked," but they are so tenuous, there is no way I could change the source document in anyway, even copy the source document without fear of broken links or links that need to be "re-certified" individually. (Which is what happened when I moved the entire "family" to another computer yesterday just to see what would happen.) If you are going to suggest that I take the source document OUT of its folder and just put it NEXT to the other folders, all within the parent folder, I could do that. Thank you for reading this.