View Single Post

Old 08-01-2020, 09:05 AM
John 4 John 4 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

John 4 is on a distinguished road
Default Bold all Wikipedia subheadings, without bolding lots of text above them as well.

Hi,

I’m trying to bold all subheadings in certain Wikipedia articles. I thought this would be fairly straightforward seeing that they’re all followed by “[edit]”. But no matter what I try it won’t limit itself to the desired sub-heading and instead selects lots of text above/before the sub-heading as well. These are examples of the kind of codes I’ve been trying:
^13*\[edit\]
Progressing to things like:
<[A-Z]*[a-z]>\[edit\]

I’ve tried numerous other things so as to limit it to the desired line/subheading, but nothing works. Can one of you tell me what I’m doing wrong? (apart from reading Wikipedia articles).

If you try it out on the following extracts from Wikipedia’s “Western Philosophy” article you’ll see what I mean:

Plato[edit]
Plato was a student of Socrates. Plato founded the Academy of Athens and wrote a number of dialogues, which applied the Socratic method of inquiry to examine philosophical problems…

Aristotle[edit]
Aristotle was a pupil of Plato. Aristotle was perhaps the first truly systematic philosopher and scientist. He wrote about physics, biology, zoology, metaphysics, aesthetics, poetry, theater, music, rhetoric, politics and logic. Aristotelian logic was the first type of logic to attempt to categorize every valid syllogism…

Hellenistic period[edit]
Following Socrates a variety of schools of thought emerged. In addition to Plato's Academy and Aristotle's Peripatetic school, other schools of thought derived from Socratic philosophy included the Academic Skeptics…

============

Thanks for your time.