View Single Post

Old 07-31-2020, 10:23 PM
lord_kaiser lord_kaiser is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

lord_kaiser is on a distinguished road
Default VBA Adding Rows To Table With Content Control

Hi,

I found the following code online for adding rows with content control to a table and this works well when exiting the content control.

How can i modify the code below to work only when the user clicks the command button?

Can someone point me in the right direction. Apologies if this has been answered previously but i was not able to find a solution in the forum.

Code:
Private Sub Document_ContentControlOnExit(ByVal CCtrl As ContentControl, Cancel As Boolean) 'The following code conditionally adds a new row, with content controls, to the designated table. Dim i As Long, j As Long, Prot As Long Const Pwd As String = "" 'Insert password (if any) here 'Bookmarking the table provides the flexibility of being able to deal with the addition/deletion ' of other tables before the one we want to process. Const StrBkMk As String = "TblBkMk" 'Exit if we're not in a table - we don't really need this is using a bookmarked table, ' but it's a safeguard against the bookmark having been expanded/moved. If CCtrl.Range.Information(wdWithInTable) = False Then Exit Sub With ActiveDocument   If .Bookmarks.Exists(StrBkMk) = False Then     MsgBox "The table bookmark: '" & StrBkMk & "' is missing." & vbCr & _     "Please add it to the relevant table before continuing.", vbExclamation     Exit Sub   End If End With With CCtrl   'Check that the Content Control is within our bookmarked table's range.   If .Range.InRange(ActiveDocument.Bookmarks(StrBkMk).Range) = False Then Exit Sub   ' One could test for a particular table instead, in which case all the code dealing   ' with wdWithInTable & StrBkMk can be deleted. For example:   'If .Range.InRange(ActiveDocument.Tables(1).Range) = False Then Exit Sub   'Get the number of ContentControls in the table   i = .Range.Tables(1).Range.ContentControls.Count   'Get our ContentControl's index # in the table   j = ActiveDocument.Range(.Range.Tables(1).Range.Start, .Range.End).ContentControls.Count   'Check that we're using the last content control   If i <> j Then Exit Sub End With 'Solicit user input If MsgBox("Add new row?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo) <> vbYes Then Exit Sub With ActiveDocument   ' Un-protect the document, if applicable   Prot = .ProtectionType   If .ProtectionType <> wdNoProtection Then     Prot = .ProtectionType     .Unprotect Password:=Pwd   End If   With Selection.Tables(1).Rows     'Insert an empty paragraph after our table, then replace it with a replica of the last row     With .Last.Range       .Next.InsertBefore vbCr       .Next.FormattedText = .FormattedText     End With     'Reset all content controls in the new last row     For Each CCtrl In .Last.Range.ContentControls       With CCtrl         If .Type = wdContentControlCheckBox Then .Checked = False         If .Type = wdContentControlRichText Or .Type = wdContentControlText Then .Range.Text = ""         If .Type = wdContentControlDropdownList Then .DropdownListEntries(1).Select         If .Type = wdContentControlComboBox Then .DropdownListEntries(1).Select         If .Type = wdContentControlDate Then .Range.Text = ""       End With     Next   End With   'Update the bookmarked range   .Bookmarks.Add Name:=StrBkMk, Range:=Selection.Tables(1).Range   ' Re-protect the document, if applicable   .Protect Type:=Prot, Password:=Pwd End With End Sub