View Single Post

Old 07-27-2020, 07:25 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

I agree with Paul that both jpg and gif are bitmap formats.

However, Lizsaskia probably meant that the copied graphic is pasted as a Windows Bitmap (aka .bmp format) which is also a bitmap format but takes up a lot more disk space since it isn't compressed. This would be the case if the image was opened in a bitmap editor and then selected and copied before pasting to Word.

However, if the file is selected in Windows File Explorer and copied that way, pasting it into Word will insert it in the same format it had when you copied it {which is the same as using Insert from Word}.

In my own experience, I don't paste from File Explorer but I do use drag and drop from File Explorer to Word and would consider that as functionally the same.