View Single Post

Old 07-20-2020, 08:28 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

I'm not sure I have a solution to your issue but at least I can see what you are talking about and can offer some observations. To my eye it appears to be a bug that you could ask Microsoft about.

I had a look at the underlying document.xml around specific edits you tracked. The following shows the markup near the words 'dead wrong' text that you tracked a format change on (presumably you were applying a character style to the text). You can see that the Accent 6 colour is requested (which happens to be green in your document) inside the tags that say there is a change. You can also see that the tags for the character style of My03fBodyThoughts is outside the tags for the Change tracking - which is not how I would expect it.
Code:
        <w:rPr>
          <w:rStyle w:val="My03fBodyThoughts" />
          <w:rPrChange w:id="27" w:author="Ravindra K. Banthia" w:date="2020-07-18T23:16:00Z">
            <w:rPr>
              <w:color w:val="385623" w:themeColor="accent6" w:themeShade="80" />
            </w:rPr>
          </w:rPrChange>
        </w:rPr>
When we choose to reject that tracked change, that colour tag is apparently not being removed and hence you see the text adopt that colour. If you didn't have that colour applied before you made the tracked revision, we can only assume that Word chose to put the tag there when you made the edit.

Could it be that the specific colour tag being applied is due to Word being told to display revisions 'by author' and that Accent 6 is associated with you? Does the same behaviour happen if you change settings in how Revision Tracking is displayed BEFORE you start making revisions.