View Single Post

Old 07-19-2020, 06:36 PM
messgchr messgchr is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

messgchr is on a distinguished road
Default Private characters do not work in Word

They work in Wordpad and Notepad. I have tested on different computers and on other people's accounts, and the problem is consistent.
When I enter a character into Word via paste, it either 1. inserts as a blank that makes the cursor go to the next line, 2. as a tofu (blank rectangle), 3. inserts correctly, 4. causes glitches consisting of fluctuating horizontal bands that are white or snapshots of elsewhere in the document or other documents or the File screen, or 5. inserts another character (the one with the same code in the used font), and in all of these cases causes the margins to go from the normal.dotm default to the 1" default if it is a blank document. There is no particular instance when possibility 3, correction insertion, occurs, all of these possibilities occur randomly and often differently when the character is pasted in sequence.
I have noticed that in possibility 5., there is a section of other characters called "Private Use Area" that has some of the same hexcodes as Private Characters, and for other fonts this hexcode does not exist in the Symbols menu.