View Single Post

Old 07-17-2020, 12:23 PM
scientist101 scientist101 is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

scientist101 is on a distinguished road
Default Follow-up question

Hi Guessed,

The macro works great, but I'm running into an odd follow-up problem. I can use Word's 'save as pdf' function, and the links in that pdf seem to work fine. However, there's a secondary program I use those pdfs in, and the links no longer function. However, any links I've made manually work.

What's odd is that in the Word file, when you hover over the links, the addresses (either using the macro or manually) look exactly the same. But when you save as pdf, they look slightly different. The macro links have the syntax of "file:///C:", while the manually entered hyperlinks have the syntax "file:///C|".

It seems like the secondary software I'm working with likes the latter format. I've attached some files if it's helpful.

1) bibliotest - Word doc showing macro and manual links

2) bibliotest (first pdf) - pdf that comes from using Word save as function. Links still work, but the manual and macro links are different (c: vs. c|)

3) bibliotest (second pdf) - pdf generated by my secondary software. The input was the first pdf. Now only the manually entered links are still functional.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: docx bibliotest.docx (26.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf bibliotest (first pdf).pdf (14.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf bibliotest (second pdf).pdf (18.6 KB, 6 views)