View Single Post

Old 07-17-2020, 05:35 AM
T-Belle T-Belle is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

T-Belle is on a distinguished road

Thank you, both! I appreciate the help.

The first code (Greg's) worked and did exactly as I asked in that it highlighted tables with merged cells, but it, in fact, highlighted all merged cells, including horizontally merged cells. The second code (Andrew's) did not work for me. I received an error indicating the requested member of the collection does not exist.

I am attaching a sanitized example of the abomination I am working with. The document is ~100 pages and contains table after table. I believe it is output from some sort of tool, and it comes to me like this. (There are times when I receive similar documents that can be several hundred pages of nothing but this mess.) I am trying to make it presentable (Heaven, help me).

I have tried to run macros to split the main table, and they work until encountering a table like the attached that contains vertically merged cells. At that point, it errors out.

The Holy Grail for me would be to fix the vertically merged cells so that I can run my other macros. If that is not possible, if I can identify the tables with only vertically merged cells (by highlighting or some other means), I could take care of those separately (i.e., manually).

Anyway, I appreciate your willingness to help more than I can adequately express.
Attached Files
File Type: docx HorribleDocumentExample.docx (28.0 KB, 15 views)