View Single Post

Old 07-06-2020, 07:26 AM
ActualJax ActualJax is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

ActualJax is on a distinguished road
Default Help to get a word document to send specific content via email using submit button

Hi
I'm new here, and new to Word VBA.
I've been hunting around for information online for some time and am failing miserably to find what I want, I was hoping someone here may be able to help me, or at least let me know that what I want to do is not possible.

This feels like a big ask, but I am hoping the answer is obvious - also if anyone has a link to a site with resources that have the answers to my queries then I'm happy to research myself.

I've set up a form in word using controls and I assumed that if I gave them tags that I would be able to pull through whatever was written or selected in these fields to a certain area in an email, i.e. include the content of a control in the subject of an email.

I have a control I've tagged as 'System' - this is a picklist of various systems, lets say sys1, sys2, sys3.
I want this to appear after a string. So if I have -

With EmailItem
.Subject = "WO: RFW "

What do I enter after this to get it to pick up what was entered in the System field?

Also I want to be able to allow users to embed other documents in the form. Is it possible to input a control field that gives them the Browse function to upload?
If there is, how would I get these documents included as attachments to the email that will be generated when the click submit?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have spent days/weeks hunting for this and I'm just not finding it, or maybe I just don't get it.

Thank you (so much) in advance

Jacqui