View Single Post

Old 06-16-2020, 08:55 AM
iSpeedyG iSpeedyG is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

iSpeedyG is on a distinguished road
Default I understand what you are saying

I would have edited it in pdf. But there the page numbers are 1 thru from the beginning. When I converted it to word. Some where some how all the page numbers correlated with the actual physical book. Then had to do some moving of the margins to get it all to be as the actual book. Going through page by page i edit any margin that may need, to be the same. If you were a member of AA. You would know that sometimes you sponsor folks and when you go to do the work with them and you have your book and by the way all the red you see on the video I have written in my Big Book. You tend to work through the book. On some pages there is a lot of writing. So when we say lets go to page 69. I can go to my page 69 on my edited word file with my notes and they are on the same page as I am. I seem to have found a working work around to what I have been after.

First I go to the top of the page and then Layout --> Continuous, View then --> Nav Pane on --> pages then make sure on the left I am on the page I want to change. Insert --> format page numbers --> change the page number to the number I want.

However sometimes if I do anything more to that page it will sometimes revert back to the old number and then the page below still has same as previous and then there is a big number change down the rest.

So when that happens I have to go into the header and turn off same as previous and sometimes check different first page.

It's a process but it gets to what I have been after. Yet as you seen in the video I shown 3 different examples where word did what I was after on its own and I didn't change a thing later down in the book. I am currently on page 54 with my editing with 400 more pages to go. If anyone would like a copy when I am complete let me know. I am editing with a study manual called Big Book Awakenings.

Thanks