View Single Post

Old 06-11-2020, 07:11 AM
PrincessApril PrincessApril is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Competent Performer

PrincessApril is on a distinguished road
Red face

Thank you again. At first I thought this was what I was after (when I mass delete cells with previous notes, the notes appear to go away, but then after I enter a numeric value again, the old note reappears in the textbox. So I think the current code is removing the previous note from the visual tooltip but not from the textbox itself, at least not completely). I'd like to, if possible, clear off the previous note only if the cell becomes blank. An example of what I'm looking for in the hopes of clarifying:
  • User enters some number (say 2) and is prompted to enter a note. (works in both iterations so far and should be retained)
  • User enters some note ("blah blah"). (works in both iterations so far and should be retained)
  • User deletes the numeric value and cell becomes blank.
  • The "blah blah" note would be cleared (not only from the visual tooltip but from the textbox itself, the one where the user initially entered the note).
  • User enters some value (say 3), and is prompted for a note, but the textbox is blank (user enters "some text")
  • User changes the 3 to a 4 (user still prompted to enter a note and the "some text" note is still there (works in both iterations so far and should be retained--the only exception is for when a user deletes a cell value and the resulting cell is blank, in which case note should be cleared from both visual tooltip and textbox field).

Thank you again for your kind assistance!