View Single Post

Old 06-10-2020, 07:40 PM
PrincessApril PrincessApril is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Competent Performer

PrincessApril is on a distinguished road

Sorry about that p45cal (and thank you again for your assistance). Your code is working out great by the way, and the way you set it up (to always prompt the user to enter a note upon any change in value to a cell) is quite helpful. I'd like to retain everything you have done but add one condition, as follows:

-always show the prompt to enter a note any time a cell value changes (already in your code)

-retain the previous note until user types over it (already in your code or maybe just default)

-one exception to both of the above is if the user's update to a cell is to delete a previously entered value (e.g., 2) by hitting the delete key. In that case (i.e., any time a cell update results in a blank cell), it would be helpful if the code would automatically clear any previously entered note as well, but retain the prompt for any further data entry.

Our users will find that helpful for reasons that probably won't be clear without a long explanation.

It is true that, when the user hits the delete key, they could (with only one more key stroke), hit the delete key again after the prompt and clear off the existing note. However, if you want to delete say, 20 cells of data and all the accompanying notes, you have to go through one by one, delete the cell, and then delete the note.

Note sure if I've clarified but hope so.