View Single Post

Old 06-08-2020, 03:34 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Trying to replace existing macro was also a problem, I don't know how to do it. I went on View-Macros-Edit. When I printed the document, it came as if I did no thing.
Open the mailmerge main document, then press Alt-F11 to open the VBA Editor. Delete the exiting MailMergeToDoc macro and replace it with the one in my previous post, then press Alt-F11 to close the VBA Editor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
Previously I thought I would do subtotals myself on the basis of the tutorial "Using Mailmerge To Create Category-Based Lists", I didn't want to give you the work I can learn to do myself, but the code you developed was different from the code included in the tutorial, so I couldn't know where to insert the code for subtotals and the general total. This is why I didn't express my request previously.
The tutorial has complete instructions on how to do that but you never mentioned that as a goal. In any event, as I said a few posts back, you can't do the kind of multi-table merge you want using that approach, let alone a workbook as yours was structured.