Thread: [Solved] non-DOC default format
View Single Post

Old 06-01-2020, 06:15 PM
Guessed Guessed is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Expert

Guessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant futureGuessed has a brilliant future

Paul

I'm not sure how those modifications achieve the OPs stated aims.

Why would you need the loop to verify Normal.dotm is an active template before attaching it? Is it possible to have Word (2007 or later) open without Normal.dotm also active? I would assume anytime you open a plain text file in Word, by default it has Normal.dotm attached anyway - could it conceivably be anything else?

Then why do you want to import Normal's margins when the user wanted a small margin layout and didn't say they wanted the same margins as Normal.dotm. This misses the 'landscape' requirement too.

We have both ignored the 'smaller font' requirement which might call for a template attachment and refreshing styles. It appeared in my testing that the text had the Plain Text style applied so maybe it is as simple as changing that style.