View Single Post

Old 05-30-2020, 07:09 AM
alex100 alex100 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

alex100 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by macropod View Post
Is this related to the discussion in: https://www.msofficeforums.com/word-...sted-text.html ?
No, not at all. The highlighting subroutine works flawless, and I'm well passed that stage.

Right now I'm just finishing a macro script that involves multiple subroutines (including the highlighting sub) that basically reformats web articles in a standard, easy to read way (nothing fancy, just personal preferences). Apart from that, I also implemented two subroutines that quickly copy/update these docs onto my eBook reader, or print them in Duplex/Booklet format.

By the way, I'd like to thank everyone who answered my questions, including you, Paul. I have no experience in VBA, but the fact that I know some Perl programming, that helped me a lot. To most of my questions I managed to quickly find answers searching Google, but there were times when I could not find the information I needed. That was the time when I posted the questions here. I have no doubt that without your help, I would have stuck, probably giving up at some point.

The 'cursor at the end of a rage' question is for a bug I just discovered, which was due to the fact that after paste, the cursor would not be repositioned at the end of text (as it happens when you use 'Selection.Paste', for example).

Alex