View Single Post

Old 05-24-2020, 07:17 AM
Clairvaux Clairvaux is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2003
Novice

Clairvaux is on a distinguished road

I have not been able to find a download link, there.

However, it reminded me how the language pack works. Please correct me if I'm wrong :
  • The language pack changes the language of the interface (and this is only possible on the Professional version).
  • Since I only have a Home & Student version, I could try and buy a French, Professional Office 2003, and then apply the language pack (assuming it may still be found somewhere).
  • However, since what I want is really the English-language interface, I could try and buy an English Professional Office 2003, at which point I would not need the language pack to make it compatible with a French keyboard, French accented letters, French date format and so on.
Did I get this right ?

You mentioned the extra features which were introduced since Office 2003. How significant are they ?

I have occasionally stumbled on the mention of some features which were taken away post-2003 (not counting the classical menus, and extreme customization possibilities). But I'm not aware of the balance.

How important is the net benefit for someone who is not interested in collaborative features or cloud computing ?