View Single Post

Old 05-23-2020, 07:44 AM
Clairvaux Clairvaux is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2003
Novice

Clairvaux is on a distinguished road
Default Can Office 2003 be bought second-hand nowadays, with multi-language capability ?

I have been using a Home & Student version of Office 2003 since pretty much its inception. I'm in the process of learning its advanced features for the first time.

While I would love to benefit from the more beautiful interface of current versions, and (presumably) added features, I don't see how I would cope with the inescapable ribbon (and the suppression of some useful features, as far as I understand). I also cannot afford the current prices, nor do I accept the subscription or online model. And I'm on Windows 7, so the 2019 edition is out of reach anyway.

My edition is in the French language. While I live here and most of my documents are in French (not all), I prefer my software to have an English interface, because most of the help available is in English.

Even when my edition of Office was supported, it could not be switched to an English-language interface, because it is a Home & Student version. I would have needed the Professional version (or something like that).

So I am wondering whether I could buy a second-hand copy of Office 2003 with the following characteristics :
  • Has (or can switch to) an English interface.
  • Can handle documents and other items (date format, currency...) in French.
  • Belongs to the business category, so that it has Access and Outlook, and possibly other programs. I don't think One Note was bundled with Office 2003, but my edition only has Word, Excel and Outlook. I don't care for Powerpoint.
  • Can activate.
  • Can be uninstalled, then reinstalled on another computer.
  • Being able to be installed on a desktop and a laptop would be a plus, but I don't currently need it.
  • Would not die on me later down the road, because it would not be able to activate anymore.
Many thanks.