View Single Post

Old 05-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline Windows 10 Office 2019

Charles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant futureCharles Kenyon has a brilliant future

[I split these posts off from your original question about outline view because we were going in a totally different direction.]

My normal.dotm has hundreds of macros. However, they are not the ones I use. They are the ones I post to help people. I also have a macro that backs up the normal template.
Backup Normal.dotm template using a macro
The normal template is the best location for generally used styles. Ones for particular documents need to be in document templates.
Moving (Sharing) Customizations in Microsoft Word
Keyboard shortcuts to macros, toolbar modifications that use the macros (and in later editions QAT icons related to macros) should be in the same global or document template that contains the macros.
One utility you should have is Chris Woodman's Keyboard Shortcut Organizer, that also gives you easy control of Document Variables. Here, too, is a link to my download page's description of this utility. (The download on my page is to a .dotm version that goes in the Ribbon.)

See also: Organizing your macros by Beth Melton, Word MVP