View Single Post

Old 05-21-2020, 04:58 AM
jayevan4 jayevan4 is offline Windows 10 Office 2010
Novice

jayevan4 is on a distinguished road

I did view Mightymegs post preceding mine, as well as ran some additional searches, but they weren't specific to using building blocks. In fact, the first thing I used was a tutorial I found on what looks to be your website "https://gregmaxey.com/word_tip_pages/content_control_magic_dropdowns.html" which was a great starting point. However, calling myself inexperienced with VBA would be an understatement - this is the first time I am using it.

I used the code in the tutorial section titled, "Display Defined Value" which I got working; however, I realized the pre-defined text was too large and getting cut off, so I continued on to the "Display a Pre-defined Building Block" section and copied the code there, and tried to modify the existing code to be tailored to my document. It worked for the first two, but when I added additional lines as I need 7 total drop down options, I was getting errors.

Thank you for replying with the code you provided, but as a total beginner here, can you provide any additional detail on what parts of that code I need to change to fit my document? I can see the part that says (BBName) which is where I am assuming I change to the title of the building blocks I have saved, but otherwise I'm lost.

Thanks again