Thread: Checkbox code
View Single Post

Old 05-20-2020, 12:56 AM
Steve2081 Steve2081 is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Advanced Beginner

Steve2081 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your time on this.
This doc is meant to be a catalogue of exercises which our team can access quickly and easily. It is going to be on a hospital shared network drive for all therapists, therefore the selection of the 'Word@ program was based on the software we have available. Our IT department are very strict when it comes to allowing access to new software.

At the moment the doc opens to a contents page with heading of grouped exercises e.g. squats as one category another balance exercises as another. I've hyperlinked these headings so they automatically take you to the desired sub content page for that category. Click on the word squats, it takes you to a page or 2 which lists the available squat. The therapist can scroll through these to chose which one they want, click on the hyperlinked photo/name of exercise and it takes you to that page. This is where the written explanation of the exercise is, alongside images (this can be 1 or as many as 8, but with more exercises this may change). The images are hyperlinked to the hospital youtube channel so patients can access the videos as well. With the current code it only sends one page at a time, but it would be nice to have the option to send multiple pages in one email or have the selection of exercises convert to a single exercise program in a new doc/pdf which lists them one after the other.

The ribbon is also a contents page of sorts, that links to the sub-contents pages. Whilst the therapist is choosing the exercise they have the option to print the page or email it to the patient. This page is then converted to PDF and sent to outlook. I've added subject matter and some body text stating this is a 'don't reply to this email'. Its not which is something I'd like to be able to do to, prevent patients for directly replying as the likely hood is that therapist will use their personal work email account to send the email. Unless there is also code that would select a specific account to send the email from which could be changed to 'send only account'.

What I have found so far with the current code is that instead of selecting the page it selects the table on the page and it contents. The code doesn't work if cells are merged. Also if I change the page orientation on the word doc using page breaks, this makes all converted pages portrait, therefore some of the information is cut off.

I'm fairly new to coding and not sure how to write macros. Is there a macro that could set up specific page layout whether it be in portrait or landscape? I wondered if this would be an efficient way to add new exercises at a later date. Otherwise I have lots of table stored and the end of the doc which I can add the information to.

I want the person who uses the catalogue to have quick access to the functions e.g. print or email without having to go through the normal 'Word process of file/print/select pages etc. What we are also doing in our department right now is moving from paper to e-notes, so having the ability to upload the exercise program to these notes would also be great. We haven't chosen a software program for that yet but hope to soon.

I'm not sure if that's helpful. Any thoughts/suggestions will be great thanks.