View Single Post

Old 05-15-2020, 03:05 AM
Justin Justin is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2016
Novice

Justin is on a distinguished road
Default Add Row to Weekly Schedule Planner1

I'm not familiar with the use of Excel. I have opened a piece of Excel software called a Weekly Schedule Planner1, & have begun entering information into the fields of the boxes provided above the weekly planner, but there are not enough rows to accomodate my requirements. I used the help function to guide me through inserting a new row to a box. (Home>Insert>Insert Sheet Rows). On selection of this function a new row is created for each box, which is fine, but it adds the new row to the top of each box, which I don't want, because then I have to cut & paste the text from each row beneath & move it up one row, until the new row free is a the bottom of the box, which is what I desire. How do I get the new rows to add to the bottom of the boxes?

I am also getting a formatting alteration. When I add a new row & go to add text, after clicking on the row, instead of the whole row being outlined by the thick green line, only a small section of the row is outlined. And if I type into the box, I can type the whole length pof the row, but if I click on a piece of text to delete, such as an typing error, a small box appears covering only a few letters of text, & even though I can delete 2 or 3 letters of text within the small box, if I click on the next few letters of the word to re-locate the small box, the letters I previously deleted, using backspace, appear again. As far as I am aware, the formatting should be duplicated. Why do I find always that ms products are so complicated to use. Most modern software uses intuitive & simple drag & drop systems for basic movement, but this system seems archaic. Every time I want to use a new part of ms office I spend days on forums learning to do the most basic of things..

Thanks.