View Single Post

Old 05-13-2020, 11:10 AM
cricket1001 cricket1001 is offline Windows 10 Office 2016
Novice

cricket1001 is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with copying/pasting from web to word 2016

I can't seem to figure out how to copy from the web to word 2016, what looks like a text box with the letters of the alphabet going horizontally with a dot in the middle in-between each letter. Each letter has a link to go to a long table below the text box.

When I copy/paste into Word 2016, I get no text box, and all the letters in the alphabet are now listed in a bulleted list going vertically in my Word 2016 document. Each link to the letters goes to the web document on the internet instead of my word document.

1) Is there a way to get a part of a web page to go to Word 2016 where it will look exactly like the web page and then saving it as a Word document so I can edit it?

2) Is there a way to change the alphabet as a vertical bulleted list to a horizontal (either bulleted or just a dot in-between each letter) list?

3) Is there an easy way to edit all the links in the alphabet to go in the word document without having to inserting a bookmark for each letter and editing each link separately to go to the correct bookmark?

4) I'm looking at the "Post Icons" text box below this message where there are all those different icons we can choose to put in our message. How would I be able to do a copy/paste or some other way of putting that text box into a word document to look exactly the way it is shown below this message? Not meaning that is something I want to do but it is basically the same problem I am having.

I get so tired of copying/pasting from an article on the internet into a Word document and having to take so much time in reformatting and fixing the layout in Word. I love learning so many great things from articles i read and I want to save them in a Word 2016 document so I can highlight, make comments, etc. to help me remember and learn.

Thanks for any help!!!!