Old 05-11-2020, 03:05 AM
lawyer123 lawyer123 is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

lawyer123 is on a distinguished road
Default Capacity per week vs. per day

Hi everybody,

I'd like to thank you in advance for answering to my first post

I have the following problem with MS Project 2019:

I have a project plan where I have two resources with 20% capacity units( 8 hours per week). I want to assign them a task that last 8 hours ( 4 hours per person). Now MS Project is distributing there time linear, meaning 1,6 hour per days which gives me a duration of 2,5 days.

So far so normal, but I want to know if there is the possibility to tell MS Project that the resource is working 4 hours on this one day and automatically subtracts the amount from the weekly total? It gives me a warning that my resource is overworked even though from a weekly total perspective it is not. Only half the weekly hours were used. On one day, but still.

The reason behind this, that even though the person can only spend 8 hour a week, I can assign him to a video call workshop that lasts say 8 hours but the rest of the week the resource can concentrate on other projects.

Is there a way to do this, without creating a manual calendar for each person. Normally the hours should be evenly distributed by days, this is just for special circumstances.

I tried to find help with the forum search, but don't know what to search for.

BR