View Single Post

Old 05-10-2020, 11:57 PM
applicious applicious is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

applicious is on a distinguished road
Question Multiple Options Not Displayed using IF

Hi everyone,
I've been battling for days to try get this to work correctly, but can't find the problem.

Use case...
The user captures information into an external form which then uses the attached Word mail merge template to produce a proposal consisting of up to four individual solar system quotes.

The attachment has had all the personal and business info removed. I've left the four tables that should produce the various solar system quotes together with the IF statements.

There are potentially up to 4 different quoted solar system options that should appear in the final document. Each option 1, 2, 3 and 4 should display depending on the number of options initially selected in the external form by the user.
So if the user selects "number_of_options" to be "3" then they would fill out the information for 3 different solar systems and the end result will be a proposal with the 3 quotes displayed while not displaying the 4th quote. If they select 2 options in the form then only 2 quotes should show and so forth.

PROBLEM....
I can't get the IF statements to work so that if the Number of Options is for example "3" then only display the first table (Option 1), the second table (Option 2) as well as the third table (Option 3).

As soon as I have more than 2 options then the "middle" option(s) is(are) missing.

So if I select that I want 4 options to show, only table 1 and table 4 are displayed and tables 2 and 3 in between are missing. Had I selected 3 options than option 2, in between, will not be displayed in the final document.

I've tried multiple times and various ways to copy and paste working code in one table to the inner tables, rewrote each manually from scratch, etc, etc. But I cannot get them to display based on the Number of Options field's input.

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated.

Thank you
Andre
Attached Files
File Type: docx SM8-Solar-Quotes-Query.docx (39.5 KB, 7 views)