View Single Post

Old 05-04-2008, 04:49 AM
tiny840 tiny840 is offline Windows XP Office 2003
Novice

tiny840 is on a distinguished road

1. Yes, my friend's emails from other people are coming through fine. No, Outlook is not configured to remove emails from the AT&T servers immediately; I chose to have emails remain on the server so that the same emails would go to all computers (there's a good reason for this). What was odd is that the friend's emails that are not coming through to my primary computer ARE coming through to my secondary computer. This is the reason that AT&T believes that there is a problem with Outlook on the primary computer.

2. I had not had these emails configured to go anywhere, but then I set up a rule for them to go into the Inbox, hoping that whereever they were going would eliminate that problem. I do not have any rules to mark emails as read.

3. I don't know why some emails are coming through with [Bulk] in the subject line. Ummm...I don't know if it has [Bulk] on it in the AT&T Inbox or not; I think that it does.

4. On all computers (all are using MS Office 2003--one Home, one Pro, one Media), it shows an address book on the Toolbar. On the computer (secondary) that I just installed the hard drive on, there is nothing in the Address Book, but when I look in Contacts, they are there (they appeared after copying Outlook.pst from my old hard drive). Now, all these contacts are showing up on all computers...a real mess, since I have hundreds, many of which I no longer use, nor even know whose email addresses they belong to!

Thanks... I'll just keep working through it, I guess, and perhaps go back to AT&T with it.

Tiny