View Single Post

Old 05-07-2020, 06:59 AM
shanerolle shanerolle is offline Windows 10 Office 2019
Novice

shanerolle is on a distinguished road

I completely understand, and I do apologize, I never planned to include them, but my coworkers want to be able to format 'easily' and this is the way it was done previously. I completely agree that there is no reason to have a column with just a hyphen, but this is the way they are used to seeing it and requested that I include it so that it looks similar to the old sales proposal.

With that being said - if the "Not Applicable" output is required, I have no preference as to what happens with the unwanted columns. I simply want the output to show in a single line, regardless of what happens to the other columns in the table. My initial thought was to take row 2, and merge any cells in row 2, no matter how many columns, and then have "Not Applicable" be displayed in row 2. My thought was that there would be no issues with how it displays then, since there is only 1 column left (in row 2, since they are all merged).

Is it possible to merge the columns in a table prior to the display of "not applicable'? I believe I understand how to merge two columns together using VBA, but I am not sure how I would do it for a dynamic number of columns, or if it should be done before or after displaying the "not applicable" text.

I agree with your statement about some of this being pointless (columns with a hyphen), but some of the formatting is completely out of my control and is up to the individuals who will be using the document once I create it for them. Hopefully this clears up some of your questions.

Thank you so much,
Shane