View Single Post

Old 05-05-2020, 02:36 PM
macropod macropod is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 32bit
Administrator

macropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond reputemacropod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauped View Post
I have a much better idea now of the various options, my preferred one being to edit the page in order to make room for the complete table. This would be easier, however, if there was a way to tweak the table size, keeping in mind the requirement of legibility, so that I could make it smaller I notice that the cells are bigger then the entries require them to be, but this is the first time for me to use tables, so I'm stuck.
That's a quite different proposition to how you described the problem when the thread started, viz: «how do I remove space left at bottom of page when table moved to next page». Reducing a table's size to fit the current page is entirely different from filling up the space left behind when you move the table to the next page.

There are numerous ways to reduce a table's height, including reducing the:
1. row heights;
2. cell top/bottom margins;
3. font sizes; and
4. paragraph line-spacing and/or before/after spacing.
The first two options are available via Table Tools|Layout. The second two option are the same as for manipulating paragraph formats anywhere else in the document and can be applied to any part of the whole page, or even to the whole document, not just to paragraphs within the table.