View Single Post

Old 05-05-2020, 03:24 AM
lauped lauped is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010
Novice

lauped is on a distinguished road

Hi macropod. Thanks for your reply.
When I insert a page break I get the complete table at the top of the next page, which is what I want.
But what I also want is to avoid or remove the blank space at the bottom of the first page where the beginning of the table used to be.
My question is how do I do that without adding text for the sake of it, which I referred to as waffle text, or moving text from the next page to the bottom of the first page. How, in other words, do I fill the space at the bottom of the first page using pre-existing text rather than creating it for that purpose?
Why, you might ask, do I not move text from the second page to the bottom of the first page? Because that text was written after the table and refers to it, so it would look odd if it was moved to before the table.
Quite simply, forgetting all about tables, what I am asking is whether there is some way, when there is a space at the bottom of a page, to stretch the contents of that page, or even several previous pages, to fill that space.Thanks again.