View Single Post

Old 05-01-2020, 07:50 AM
leeuk321 leeuk321 is offline Mac OS X Office 2019
Novice

leeuk321 is on a distinguished road
Default Can I edit OneDrive docs on Office 2016/2019 on different devices simultaneously?

Hi, sorry if this is a stupid question. I've been using an old version of office for a few years, but decided to try out the Office 365 trial, because of the feature of being able to store office documents in the cloud via the OneDrive service. I love the feature of being able to access the same cloud-stored document simultaneously from different devices, because I've previously overwritten newly edited files with old ones in the past.

The reason being is because I access files from different devices, and because they've been locally stored but synced with iCloud, I've opened up my computer with the document already open and then saved & closed the file forgetting that I had opened, edited and closed it on another device.

The only thing that I really need from Microsoft 365 is Word and Excel, and the feature of being able to save to OneDrive with simultaneous editing. I don't need to always have the latest version, or x amount of TB storage, or OneDrive folder on my computer, live support, etc, and most of the bells-and-whistles of Microsoft 365.

So my question is, can I simply purchase multiple standalone copies of Office (Mac version), such as Office 2016 or Office 2019, and have the facility to save the documents to OneDrive & simultaneously access/edit across devices? And if so, which versions of Office for Mac allow for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks