View Single Post

Old 05-01-2020, 12:42 AM
asearle asearle is offline Windows 7 64bit Office 2010 64bit
Novice

asearle is on a distinguished road
Default Adding an extra field/column to an outlook calendar entry. Option is greyed out

Hallo Everyone,

I would like to add the "mileage" field to Calendar entries. Apparently this field is already available and simply needs to be "made visible".

So I found several HowTos with instructions on how to do that but find that under "View" there is a "Columns" option but it does not seem to be editable as described in the various HowTos. Here are the key words I searched on ...

outlook add column

I went into developer mode and managed to add (from those available) a menu-item for this. But that turned out to be greyed out.

I have been trawling through the Options to see if there is an option such as "advanced" or "supervisor" which might need to be set. But I can find anything.

This is driving me crazy: What is the problem? Do I maybe need some kind of "Pro" version of MS-Office? Do I need to be administrator to change this? Do I need to be connected to Exchange?

I hope someone out there can give me a tip: I am sure it is a simple thing but it has me stumped.

Many thanks.

Yours,
Alan in Cologne